John Hewson, PhD
- Beautiful.ai Design-forward, detail-oriented presentation software.
- elm-graphql Compiles type safe GraphQL queries to Elm.
- apache/pdfbox Apache PDFBox library (Java). I’m a PMC member and contributor.
- confsolve Configuration solver for datacenter problems (OCaml, my PhD project).
- big-xml node.js module for reading large (1 GB+) XML files.
- byline node.js module for parsing streams line-by-line (800k+ downloads per week).
- PhD Informatics
- MSc Bioinformatics
- University of Manchester, 2009
- Dissertation: “Identification of New Drug-Disease Associations via Metabolic Drug Scopes”
- BEng Software Engineering
- University of Manchester, 2006
- Dissertation: “A Linker for the .NET Framework”
- Panel Session: PDF as a Platform, the Challenge and the Prize
- PDF Technical Conference 2015, San Jose, October 19, 2015
- Constraint-Based Autonomic Reconfiguration (PechaKucha lightning talk)
- 7th IEEE International Conference on Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems (SASO 2013), Philadelphia, 10th September, 2013
- A Declarative Approach to Automated Configuration
- 26th Large Installation System Administration Conference (LISA ’12), San Diego, 12th December 2012
- ConfSolve: System Configuration with CSPs
- 2012 Oxford Configuration Workshop, Oxford, 13th January 2012
- Modelling System Administration Problems with CSPs
- ModRef 2011, Perugia, Italy, 12th September 2011
- Constraint-Based Specifications for System Configuration
- CISA Seminar, Edinburgh, 14th February 2011
- Inkwell Web-based scientific and technical documents.
- BitFactory (2006–2007) User-mode virtualization for packaging .NET apps.